Bachmann has confirmed the Dash 9 diesel locomotives are currently being shipped to the US, with expected arrival in February.
The ex Aristo-Craft Dash 9’s in 1:29 scale will be available in 5 road names with 2 road numbers each.
- Bachmann 90901 Diesel Locomotive GE Dash 9, Blue / Yellow, CSX #9030
- Bachmann 90902 Diesel Locomotive GE Dash 9, Orange / Black, BNSF #4490
- Bachmann 90903 Diesel Locomotive GE Dash 9, Black, Norfolk Southern #9256
- Bachmann 90904 Diesel Locomotive GE Dash 9, Yellow / Silver, Union Pacific #9599
- Bachmann 90905 Diesel Locomotive GE Dash 9, Silver / Red, Santa Fe #635
- Bachmann 90906 Diesel Locomotive GE Dash 9, Blue / Yellow, CSX #9044
- Bachmann 90907 Diesel Locomotive GE Dash 9, Orange / Black, BNSF #4562
- Bachmann 90908 Diesel Locomotive GE Dash 9, Black, Norfolk Southern #9252
- Bachmann 90909 Diesel Locomotive GE Dash 9, Yellow / Silver, Union Pacific #9807
- Bachmann 90910 Diesel Locomotive GE Dash 9, Silver / Red, Santa Fe #625
Oddly enough, the locomotives still haven’t shown up on the Bachmann website – which honestly is one of the worst in the business -, so get in touch with your local dealers for more details.
I don’t know the official MSRP, but the locomotives are priced around 900 USD in the USA. In Europe, German shops RD-Hobby (external link) [DE] and Railroads and more (external link) [DE] offer them around 1100 EUR.
Source: Bachmann Forum
A yearly tradition at the start of the year is PIKO’s press conference where they report on sales from the previous year, and where they present their new items for the upcoming year.
You can read the full transcript here: piko.de – Press Conference 2023 (external link).
In the pictures at the bottom of the article, PIKO also shows some early samples of both new developments for G scale this year: the Nohab diesel locomotive, and the ÖBB Railjet control car.
The Nohab will be released in an analog version (#37450) and a DCC version with sound (#37451).
ÖBB Railjet Control Car – out of focus, unfortunately!
The new Railjet control car (#37675) is designed to match with the Buffet car (#37669) – also a 2023 new item -, and both passenger cars (#37665 & #37666) and the Taurus locomotive (#37400) that were released in 2021.
Modelbouw Boerman has posted an update on their website stating they are not planning any new items for 2023.
Boerman will focus first on the delivery of the Harz 99 5906-5 steam locomotive (Q4/2023) and the type Vevey Rollböcke (Q3/2023) that were announced as 2022 New Items, before committing to any new developments.
Image Source: Modelbouw Boerman
Source: Modelbouw Boerman (external link) [DE/NL]
LGB announced their G scale new items for 2023.
Link: LGB New Items / Neuheiten 2023
Märklin announced their 1 scale new items for 2023.
Link: Märklin 1 Scale New Items 2023 / Spur 1 Neuheiten 2023